Sword Art Online
Heya :3 It's the SAOMMO team here and we would like it if you guys signed up! The forums are filled with loads of stuff to do so come on in!

Or you'll get PKed inside a safe zone by our admin powers. Derp.

Acepting Bitcoins??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Acepting Bitcoins??

Post by PacketofFries on Sat May 25, 2013 5:37 am

Hey Guys,

Whilst speaking to haryabusa today IRL, I thought it would be a great idea- setting up an account is easy. haryabusa was understananbly aprrenhensieve, but could you please share your views.

Thanks in adavance,

Fries

Last edited by PacketofFries on Sat May 25, 2013 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar :()
PacketofFries

Male Posts : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Acepting Bitcoins??

Post by MegaDarkAngel on Sat May 25, 2013 5:45 am

What the hell is bitcoins?
MegaDarkAngel

Male Posts : 611

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDarkAngelLP

Back to top Go down

Post by PacketofFries on Sat May 25, 2013 5:51 am

Dem guys at wikipedia explain it better than me

Bitcoin (BTC) is a digital currency first described in a 2008 paper by pseudonymous developer Satoshi Nakamoto, who called it a peer-to-peer, electronic cash system.[1][6][7] Bitcoin creation and transfer is based on an open source cryptographic protocol and is not managed by any central authority. Each bitcoin is subdivided down to eight decimal places, forming 100 million smaller units called satoshis.[4] Bitcoins can be transferred through a computer or smartphone without an intermediate financial institution.[8]

The processing of Bitcoin transactions is secured by servers called Bitcoin miners. These servers communicate over an internet-based network and confirm transactions by adding them to a ledger which is updated and archived periodically.[2] In addition to archiving transactions each new ledger update creates some newly-minted bitcoins. The number of new bitcoins created in each update is halved every 4 years until the year 2140 when this number will round down to zero. At that time no more bitcoins will be added into circulation and the total number of bitcoins will have reached a maximum of 21 million.[1][9]

Bitcoin is accepted in trade by merchants and individuals in many parts of the world. Similar to other currencies, illicit drug and gambling transactions constitute some of its commercial usage.[10][11][12][13] Although Bitcoin is promoted as a digital currency, many commentators have criticized Bitcoin's volatile exchange rate, relatively inflexible supply, and minimal use in trade.[14][15][16][17]
PacketofFries

Male Posts : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffix on Sat May 25, 2013 6:16 am

This seems complicated.

Enjoy,
Steffix
Steffix

Female Posts : 163

View user profile http://saommo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel on Sat May 25, 2013 6:18 am

It does... Seems pointless.
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tetsu on Sat May 25, 2013 6:19 am

Eh..?
Tetsu

Male Posts : 175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel on Sat May 25, 2013 6:51 am

I think we're good with the Cor currency we have now.
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa on Sat May 25, 2013 7:34 am

PacketofFries wrote:Hey Guys,

Whilst speaking to haryabusa today IRL, I thought it would be a great idea- setting up an account is easy. haryabusa was understananbly aprrenhensieve, but could you please share your views.

Thanks in adavance,

Fries

MegaDarkAngel wrote:I think we're good with the Cor currency we have now.

Ok, firstly, fries, kiri, 1clumsy, zal. Stop making alt accounts. Just use 1. Also I am Hayabusa not 'HAryabusa'
The SAO staff will not accept bitcoin donations as they have no concrete value and thus cash is prefered. Also, these donations require a bitcoin account. And another point is that how many people use bitcoins in comparison to the rest of the world with paypal and cash. If you wish to donate, please contact Stef. Our donations will probably be processed through Paypal and later, when the game is released, you will be able to purchase packages of in-game cor, respawns and the like.

Also, I take offense at that you said that you wanted the views of 'enlightened members' rather than mine. I believe that I speak for our community when I say that a line of code is not preferred to £75

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE LOCKED. @mods
Hayabusa

Male Posts : 500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffix on Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 am

Well there you have it. It seems too complicated and I personally prefer donations to be made through Paypal.

Locked.

Enjoy,
Steffix
Steffix

Female Posts : 163

View user profile http://saommo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top