Sword Art Online
Heya :3 It's the SAOMMO team here and we would like it if you guys signed up! The forums are filled with loads of stuff to do so come on in!

Or you'll get PKed inside a safe zone by our admin powers. Derp.

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out 103410

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sword Art Online
Heya :3 It's the SAOMMO team here and we would like it if you guys signed up! The forums are filled with loads of stuff to do so come on in!

Or you'll get PKed inside a safe zone by our admin powers. Derp.

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out 103410
Sword Art Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out

5 posters

Go down

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out Empty [Guide] Making your Guild stand out

Post by Steffix Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 am

Introduction
Hello and thanks for taking a look at this Guide to make your Guild successful. In this Guide I will try to explain as much as possible how to make a great Guild which will attract people to it. But before I you read further I want you to realize that the best Guilds are made when a lot of work have been put into it. So don't expect this to be easy. Razz

Getting Started
Before you do anything else while making a Guild you have to ask yourself a few questions. Now ask yourself: "Why am I making this Guild?" and "What for Guild do I want my Guild to be?" Obviously not all Guilds are the same and there are a lot of different kinds of Guilds. I could for example make a Blacksmith Guild and talk to the people in my Guild about anything regarding how Blacksmiths should be threaten in game and try to make and suggest as many recipes as possible for the game! Or even Icon some Armor for it! Yes you read that good! With your ideas and collaboration you will also be able to work on and improve the game!

Preparations
Making the thread for the Guild itself is a very important, and fun (if you ask me). It's part of starting the Guild. BUT REMEMBER! Before you start on making a thread for your Guild you have to be a little prepared! I have noticed how in some cases people would make threads with little to no information within it, and hope that their Guild would be a great success. While this may work in some cases, please take a moment to look at this diagram:

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out 27wv28

As you can see, according to my years of research and scientific calculations which you can see on the diagram above, the more information you add, the more success your Guild will have! That’s why it’s important to be prepared, before you start making your Guild. Get yourself a piece of paper and PLAN! From my research I have discovered that the following will help you in your planning.

Introduction:
Just like I did explain why you are making your Thread and in your case, why you are making your Guild and what you are going to do as Guild. Convince the people that your Guild is different then the others and that it is worth joining it! Explain why your Guild will be a success and why it will be fun (Or whatever it is you want it to be) to join your Guild. Eventually people with common interests will join you!

Member list:
From my research I have seen that there aren't a lot of Guilds who actually add a Member List... BUT! The Guilds who actually did this usually had very good results. It's just a fact that People feel special when added to a 'List' and besides it also gives them a little credit. Of course you’re just starting out, so you won’t have anyone to put down (aside from yourself) at first.

Ranking:
While having a Member List you might also want to consider Ranks and make them public in your Guild! Other than the obvious “Leader and members” Of course. Having a Ranking System also helps to keep everyone organized and it helps to keep a sense of order within the Guild. Some Guilds also like to add a bit of 'Role-play' in their ranks and have a friendly competition in order to go up ranks.

Rules:
While this might sound 'boring' to some people, rules are there to keep order everywhere. Everyone in your Guild should abide and follow these rules to keep members from going too out of control and end up hurting someone or something.

Application:
While this again isn't used by a lot of Guilds it is always a nice idea to have. Make an application form for people to fill in (Use the spoiler BB-Code) so that the Leader (Or the person assigned to the job) can read them and get to know the person who is joining better. This could also be used for the Ranking system.

Making the Thread
Once you have prepared everything and planned everything out for your Guild, it is time to make a Forum Thread of it. Basically while doing this you should try to be as original as possible. While doing this, here are still a few useful hints that you could use:

* Bright text = very bad! Don't do this.
* Place your Guild name large and clear on top of the Thread, so it stands out (Go for something extra and make a logo! Dedication goes a long way) Have your sections clearly shown as well.
* A good idea is to use different colors especially for the text and titles. Don't go using too much colors though because that can ruin your while Thread!
* When adding font sizes, don't go overboard with it. It's a lot easier to read without having to constantly adjust your eyes to the text.

To keep in mind
This guide only talks about how to get started, it doesn't speak of how to run it successfully, it eventually all comes down to you, and your determination. Running a Guild is by no means 'easy'. It requires a lot of time, and a lot of dedication. Take your time in thinking whether or not you really have what it takes to do it. It’s challenging and ultimately too difficult for some people.

conclusion
First I want to thank you for reading this. In fact if you fully read this you already posses some kind of determination to make your Guild successful. Please remember though that this is not the only way to make a Guild and that there are a lot of other ways to make one. From my research this way just one of the 'more' effective ways. Besides a Guild is entitled to do what they want, and that’s what makes them unique. These are just guidelines, which I hope inspires you to go out and do greater things.

If you have some hints you want to share, feel free to do so because it might help a lot of other people who try to make a Guild.

Enjoy,
Steffix

**Extra: A Guild Symbol is always nice to have but keep in mind that if you do this it would be awesome for it to be an original picture. When you decide to have a Guild Symbol I also suggest to put it somewhere on top of the thread.

Last edited by Steffix on Sun May 12, 2013 6:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Steffix
Steffix

Female Posts : 163

https://saommo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out Empty Re: [Guide] Making your Guild stand out

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Introduction:
Just like I did explain why you are making your Threat

Place your Guild name large and clear on top of the Threat

i just wanted to point out these 2 spelling mistakes that are misleading c:.
when i first read this they made me think that my guild might be a threat? but as i read on i realised it was a spelling mistake for "Thread"
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Female Posts : 194
Location : killing hollows at the leaf village c: why? cuz i can

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Making your Guild stand out Empty Re: [Guide] Making your Guild stand out

Post by Steffix Wed May 08, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for those silly mistakes.
Anyways they have been corrected.

Enjoy,
Steffix
Steffix
Steffix

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Wed May 08, 2013 2:17 am

Your Welcome c: . i was also wandering if you had to reply to this forum or make a new topic for a guild (i know its sorta a stupid question but gotta be entirely sure)
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffix Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am

When making a new Guild you should start a new Thread. This is just a Guide after all.

Enjoy,
Steffix
Steffix
Steffix

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 am

Alright thanks. ill stop flooding this thread now lol.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 am

Tip: Make the guild name original. a Guild called "Knights of the blood oath" would be much less popular then one called "Stonewall fighters" simply because the first has been used before therefore it dosnt stand out as a "unique" guild if the name is used often/copyed.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Thu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm

gamegal0146 wrote:Tip: Make the guild name original. a Guild called "Knights of the blood oath" would be much less popular then one called "Stonewall fighters" simply because the first has been used before therefore it dosnt stand out as a "unique" guild if the name is used often/copyed.
I agree that guilds should probably be original and a new concept in-game but perhaps having the classic guilds from the anime would attract fans to them?
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Male Posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 am

I'll make it so no one is allowed to use Anime Guild names :i Don't need any of that x_x
Haruka
Haruka
The Crystal Emperor - Harukayaba Akihiko

Male Posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Fri May 10, 2013 4:23 am

Okay, nice idea. Smile
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Exor Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 am

I recommend using pictures to help your guild stand out as well Surprised
Exor
Exor

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 am

ofc you do. trying to show off over all us other guilds!
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Mon May 13, 2013 10:17 am

Lol^
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 10:19 am

^loling about a lol
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Exor Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 am

I'm sorry! D:
I just need all dem memberz to own da worldz juu know?
Exor
Exor

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 12:49 pm

you will never own the world of sao! my guild will declare war on yours! also guys stop posting here unless its an idea to add to the guild.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 am

Exor wrote:I'm sorry! D:
I just need all dem memberz to own da worldz juu know?
Meh, quality over quantity...

Also... First war!!! (YAY!) ^^^ Twisted Evil
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 14, 2013 3:26 am

This forum is for ideas to add to the guild. please dont flood it with chat. >.<
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 am

Ok ok. Don't rage Cool
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 am

Dont post off topic after i say not too then c:
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Wed May 15, 2013 4:00 am

Locked Smile.

If you have any other tips, please make a community Guild Guide post (as this is the main.)
Haruka
Haruka
The Crystal Emperor - Harukayaba Akihiko

Male Posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down