Sword Art Online
Heya :3 It's the SAOMMO team here and we would like it if you guys signed up! The forums are filled with loads of stuff to do so come on in!

Or you'll get PKed inside a safe zone by our admin powers. Derp.

Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers. 103410

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sword Art Online
Heya :3 It's the SAOMMO team here and we would like it if you guys signed up! The forums are filled with loads of stuff to do so come on in!

Or you'll get PKed inside a safe zone by our admin powers. Derp.

Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers. 103410
Sword Art Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers.

+5
Mr Pink
Exor
Steffix
Hayabusa
gamegal0146
9 posters

Go down

Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers. Empty Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers.

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm

The Hunger Games themed event guide

(If you know what the hunger games is skip this paragraph. if not read on)

The Hunger Games Explanation:
For Those of you who are living under a rock and haven't seen or read "the hunger games" yet i will explain it to you. The hunger games is based on the US after many natural and man made disasters split the US (what is now called panem) into 13 districts and the capitol (supposed to be spelled like capitol). After a while the 13 district rose up in rebellion vs the capitol and the capitol won and as punishment they destroyed district 13 and formed a peace treaty with the hunger games act. "For there rebellion against the country that loved them, fed them. the 12 districts of panem will offer up in tribute one young man and woman between the ages of 12 and 18 to fight to the death in the hunger games until a lone victor remains and that lone victor will be bathed in riches" so if you didnt get it from that the hunger games takes one boy and girl from the age of 12 to 18 and puts them into an arena where they fight to the death until one is left and the one left becomes famous and rich.

Rules for the hunger games themed event:
1 time per month the games will happen (irl time) a minimum of 6 or a max of 24 will go into an arena to fight to the death until 1 remains. the last one standing will receive money and a item from the host (the leader of midnight rangers). if you die in the arena just like if you would die outside the arena it will mean your character is deleted. the first games in alpha will likely use a floor area or if i can convince an admin to put in a small arena i make/ make a arena for the games then in that arena. the first few games in alpha will just be combat. Once we have more members in the community i will probably add hunger and thirst bars if possible. All weapons and Armour will be put in the cornucopia. in the early versions the games as i said will likely just be combat but in the more developed versions there will be things like disasters and things.
Rule 1. If you die in these games trying to win the prize do not rage pming me/the person who killed you. you sighned up to possibly be killed so blame yourself.
Rule 2. No curse language to people AT ALL. Anyone caught using curse language in the games will be given a warning and if they continue to do so will be killed.
Rule 3. Once the games has began there is no turning back! although you can cancel your application.
Rule 4. You may not cancel your application within one day of the games
Rule 5. If you miss the games without a reason you will automatically be placed in the next games.
Rule 6. in more developed versions people will likely start sending there guilds best warrior to fight in these games. if this happens and your fighting for your guild and not only for yourself your guild master will be given the prize and he will have the decision what to do with it.
Rule 7. Entering the games you accept to follow the rules and the fact that your death is likely.
Rule 8. a level limit WILL be placed on the games to keep them fair. if the level limit was 10 only those lvl 1-10 could join.
Have a question about the games or anything you think i should add? reply to this post!
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Female Posts : 194
Location : killing hollows at the leaf village c: why? cuz i can

Back to top Go down

Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers. Empty Re: Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers.

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Reply to this if your planning on entering at some point C: .
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers. Empty Re: Guide to the "Hunger Games" Themed event hosted by Midnight Rangers.

Post by Hayabusa Mon May 13, 2013 6:07 pm

K thanks for the guide I will be entering when it happens
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Male Posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Mon May 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Hayabusa wrote:K thanks for the guide I will be entering when it happens
In fact all of the flacons will.
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Mon May 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Mad Falcons*
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 pm

not the smartest thing to do, enter all your falcons sine only 1 person comes out if you enter all your falcons then there will only be 1 left at the end of it and thats if a falcon does win.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Since*
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Mon May 13, 2013 11:33 pm

gamegal0146 wrote:not the smartest thing to do, enter all your falcons sine only 1 person comes out if you enter all your falcons then there will only be 1 left at the end of it and thats if a falcon does win.
Oh thanks. Ok we will enter a different falcon each time!
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

cant wait for these to get popular and the strongest from each guild come to represent there guild ahh. so fun. after the games a minimum of 5 less people in the game c:
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffix Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 am

Maybe I'll map you a small arena.

Enjoy,
Steffix
Steffix
Steffix

Female Posts : 163

https://saommo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 am

That would be awesome steffix. in the later beta versions ill make my own big arenas but for now if you made me one that would be perfect c:
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 am

Perhaps if it is run by the rangers, they should be responsible for the area, keeping tributes in etc.
Otherwise it becomes a server-run event...
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 14, 2013 3:35 am

Thats true. The arena will be a place where you can only be teleported in/out from, maybe from a verb or some itam/teleporter im still not sure and yes we will be keeping the tributes in check. the rules on this guide are the rules they must follow inside the arena and if they fail to do so there chars will be killed and sighning up for these games means that the person understands these rules and will follow them so hopfully i wont have to kill anyone because of not following the rules.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Exor Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 am

Me and my guild will definantly join once it get popular.
Exor
Exor

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 am

"once it gets pupular" do you mean your group of the games?
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Exor Tue May 14, 2013 11:05 am

I mean when either my guild becomes full or your game is known around the world o:
Exor
Exor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Pink Tue May 14, 2013 2:57 pm

oh god, i see Midnight ranger held event and think 'oh crap that means i have to represent my guild at some point' anyway leveling seemed really quick in sao so its not a big worry for me dying
Mr Pink
Mr Pink

Male Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Mr Pink wrote:oh god, i see Midnight ranger held event and think 'oh crap that means i have to represent my guild at some point'
lol!
Show honour and fight for your guild! Cool
Anyways, if you are below lvl 10, you respawn!
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Wed May 15, 2013 2:07 am

The first cap will depend on the average level in witch people have been able to get to. say the games were in a few days and everyone was around lvl 15. id make the cap 20. Also when this does get popular we will force our prisioners who have killed other players into the games. so if your gonna be red dont get caught by my guild.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 am

gamegal0146 wrote:The first cap will depend on the average level in witch people have been able to get to. say the games were in a few days and everyone was around lvl 15. id make the cap 20. Also when this does get popular we will force our prisioners who have killed other players into the games. so if your gonna be red dont get caught by my guild.
The two spelling mistakes are highlighted.
Also, good idea with the caps. Perhaps you should eventually have different 'levels' of games e.g. One with a level 20 cap, one with a level 30 cap and one with a level 40 cap.

Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Wed May 15, 2013 7:32 am

in the early versions the cap will probably be 20 for the 1st and maybe 2nd time this is run but during this there will only be a medium sized map whe nu have to get your weapons and armour from the cornacopia then fight. but in later versions i will be adding a bigger map. hunger and thirst, Wild animals that you can hunt for food or could kill you. things like that and what you see in the book/film (disasters ect.) Post on this thread for a feature you would like to see in this event. (speciual disasters, certain map ganra ect.)
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Pink Wed May 15, 2013 9:47 am

yeah it will take more than a few days to get to level 20, it took 5 mins to get to level 7 so unless the exp rates were changed leveling will be super easy
Mr Pink
Mr Pink

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Wed May 15, 2013 11:49 am

Well to be honest we will see. gotta wait for the relece then see around the level i get to will be the cap. its likely people will get higher/lower then my but im guessing since i wont know at all what to do unless we have a 30 min opening or somthing but yea. say i got to lvl 20 on the 2nd day. the cap would be lvl 25/30. but we will just see how it goes. btw i cracked a bit of info out of haruka. some of you might know but he is looking to relece it around the end of may so not too long now.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 am

Btw it is spelt 'release' (soz things like this annoy me! Razz )
Sounds good regarding the caps though but I still reckon that you should have say three competitions, one high, one mid, and one low cap, so that all players can join in.
Also, I did know about the release but decided against spreading it as it may cause uproar... Laughing
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Thu May 16, 2013 4:55 am

well since people lvl 10 and below will respawn i wont make the games for those levels but maybe ill do a low and a high one but i doubt ill do a middle one.
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by FireSSS Sat May 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Gulp ur guys so Rage. IM scared now
FireSSS
FireSSS

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Mon May 20, 2013 3:01 am

dont go off topic on this forum please c:
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Pink Mon May 20, 2013 9:59 am

geeze liz let them go off topic a little, it cant hurt, it just makes the fourms look friendlier
Mr Pink
Mr Pink

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Tue May 21, 2013 6:12 am

I think the Hunger Games sounds fun.
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Male Posts : 611

https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDarkAngelLP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 am

Sure does. SAO is quite similar to the Hunger Games anyway.
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Thu May 23, 2013 2:47 am

Hayabusa wrote:Sure does. SAO is quite similar to the Hunger Games anyway.
No. They are barely similar. Not at all actually.
In the Hunger Games, it's people FORCED into an arena to fight to the death until one remains.
In Sword Art Online, everyone willingly joined the game, were trapped, and people started killing other people because they didn't believe they would die in real life.
They're nothing alike.
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Thu May 23, 2013 5:14 am

Really i just love the hunger games and sao so this way i get both c: yay me!
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 am

Yeah. They're both amazing. =D
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 pm

I believe that Btooom! and THG are very similar.

'Nuff said.
Haruka
Haruka
The Crystal Emperor - Harukayaba Akihiko

Male Posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 pm

MegaDarkAngel wrote:
Hayabusa wrote:Sure does. SAO is quite similar to the Hunger Games anyway.
No. They are barely similar. Not at all actually.
In the Hunger Games, it's people FORCED into an arena to fight to the death until one remains.
In Sword Art Online, everyone willingly joined the game, were trapped, and people started killing other people because they didn't believe they would die in real life.
They're nothing alike.
Yeah they are... kinda. They are both death games.
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Sat May 25, 2013 2:33 am

Not really... The Hunger Games is punishment for rebelling. Sword Art Online is a crazy guy who wants to be the god of his own world and traps a bunch of people in it.
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungstarSJ Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am

well i dont know bout the guild i am in, crystal tears, but i will definately be joining
YoungstarSJ
YoungstarSJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Tue May 28, 2013 6:05 am

While everyone's off killing eachother, I'll be killing NPCs to level up. =P
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungstarSJ Tue May 28, 2013 7:18 am

same i think that would be the most efficient.
YoungstarSJ
YoungstarSJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 am

Well... It's not like we'll be levels ahead by the time it's over...
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungstarSJ Tue May 28, 2013 6:42 pm

true, well it is not impossible.
YoungstarSJ
YoungstarSJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Tue May 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Yeah, but I think the Hunger Games will be a nice thing to do to get used to all of the stuff in the game.
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungstarSJ Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 am

yh that is the main reason i want to participate.
YoungstarSJ
YoungstarSJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 am

I reckon that the hunger games will be cool to show off how powerful you are. Also gladiatorial fights like with Heathcliff and Kirito in the Coliseum.
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaDarkAngel Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

The Hunger Games will be amazing. I hope it's roleplay. =O

Also...

500 POSTS!
MegaDarkAngel
MegaDarkAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungstarSJ Thu May 30, 2013 6:46 am

yh same, they should make like a coloseum for big fights.
YoungstarSJ
YoungstarSJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gamegal0146 Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 am

The hunger games combat wise will be pvp and the whole of SAO the game is rp. theres not even a ooc chat so yes it will be roleplay. ill probably rename it to the Death games or something so its not copied
gamegal0146
gamegal0146

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm

YoungstarSJ wrote:yh same, they should make like a coloseum for big fights.

Sorry who's gonna make that?
Haruka
Haruka
The Crystal Emperor - Harukayaba Akihiko

Male Posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayabusa Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:24 am

A. I already suggested the Collosseum.
B. Collinia, the city in Aincrad with the Collosseum-like structure is Floor 75 so we will not build this till you are a bit closer than Floor 1.

Here is the article on it that I found on the wiki:
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Collinia
So you can see for yourself too.

Ramshackle arena's e.g. the one in which these Hunger Games will probably be played, can be constructed and maintained by the player base.
Hayabusa
Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down